- How do I register an account on the forum? Visit the registration page and fill in the required information.
- Why do I have to post to read your stuff? - In order to get an active community going the posting is necessary. Besides, posting is better than paying, isn't it? If you really don't want to post, you can always pay the upgrade fee. For more information, please visit to read more on the VIP Editor level.
- Why are there so many rules? - Those rules are in place to keep the forum tidy and organized. They are also necessary since members are required to post to achieve certain access levels. Without rules, members would spam the forum, which might scare other members away and would make navigating the forum nearly impossible. Rules are necessary in every civilized society, and that is what the forum basically is...a society of people from all over the world. Everyone who joins the forum must read and abide by the forum rules and also the posting rules!
- How do I log in? - There is a link to login below the banner at the top and a quick login at the bottom of the main page.
- What levels do I need to achieve to read your books? - The Group Levels are listed here and also in Help on the forum. The available reads are also listed in Help.
- How do I make a thread and/or a post? - A thread is always the first post in a new topic of discussion. Once you find the appropriate forum, press the "New Thread" button. Fill in the subject and then the body of the post. You must type at least 2 sentences in any thread and/or post! When you're done, press "Post Thread". If you want to make a post, either press the "New Reply" button or use the Quick Quote at the bottom of the thread. If you want to use smilies, you'll need to use the "New Reply" button in order to see them. That is also the only way you will see the mycode editor as well.
- I don't like that "thank you for your post" page. How can I stop that? - Go to UserCP and select "Edit Options". Under "Other Options", uncheck the box next to "Show Friendly Redirect Pages", and then press "Update Options".
- I can't see the smilies when making a post OR I can't see the mycode! - Follow above directions and make sure the box IS checked next to "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages." Then press "Update Options."
- How do I change the theme? I don't like all that blue! - Well, though Jude absolutely loves blue, she understands that others might not. So there are other themes for you to choose from. You can either go to the bottom of the main page and use the Quick Theme change OR go into UserCP and select "Edit Options". Under "Other Options" on the bottom right, press the down arrow next to Board Style. Choose the theme you want and then "Update Options." The Quick Theme is faster though and will enable you to experiment with the themes until you find one that you like better.
- I see people with mood icons. How do I get one? - Go into UserCP and select "Edit Profile". In "Additional Information" (above your bio), there is a drop down box where you can select from the many moods. Select "Update Profile" when finished.
- I forgot to select my country flag when I registered. Where do I go? - Follow above directions and look for the drop down box at the bottom of "Required Fields". It's just below "Location". Select your flag and then "Update Profile" when finished. If your flag isn't there, PM Jude and let her know, so that she can see if it can be found and added for you.
- How come I don't have one of those neat shiny banners below my name? - Those are in recognition of your group level, so only Reviewer (see Group Levels) and above has them. You want one? Make at least 75 posts or upgrade.
- How can I change my username and/or user title? - Only Jude has the ability to change usernames. Once you have made your first post, you're stuck with whatever you entered during registration. The most that can be changed is removing any unnecessary numbers or fix typos. If you have a very good reason for wanting your username changed, PM Jude and explain it to her. If reason is valid, she might change it. As far as your usertitle is concerned, once you have made at least Staffer status on the forum, you can change it for 25 Jbucks. Otherwise all members who have achieved BiblioManiac or VIP (see Group Levels) status can change their own user titles.
- What are Jbucks and/or MYPS? - These are the points that you earn by making posts, playing the lottery, slots, Games or saving them in the Jbank. They are needed to download most of the reads on the forum. For more information, visit the Jbucks Help page.
- What is Mybb or how do I get my own forum? - Mybb stands for My Bulletin Board and it's the software that powers Jude's Forum. It's very easy to get (it's free) and it's fun to use.
- What is the Buddy List? How do I use it? - It just gives you a pop up list that will let you know if your buddies are online or offline and let's you send them a PM. It's pretty easy to add them as well. There is a link in everyone's profile and also in their post bit (that block of info to the left of every post, where your avatar, usertitle, etc is) Just click that link, they are added, and when you open your buddy list, there they are! It also allows you to block PM's from people you want to ignore.
- It says I've maxed out my daily posts! What's that all about? - Jude has changed the maximum daily posts a few times, but for now it's at 37. That means that no one on the board (other than Jude) can post more than 37 times within a 24 hour period. The limit is there to keep anyone from spamming the boards.
- I see SPAM everywhere. What is it? - SPAM basically means Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages and is basically a label applied to every post that is made that either breaks the forum rules or is just unnecessary. SPAM is not allowed on Jude's Forum and will either be deleted or moved to the Catch All forum.
- What is UserCP? - That is your User Control Panel. From there, you can access the following:
* Inbox * Sent Items * Drafts * Trash Can * * Compose * Tracking * Edit Folders * Empty Folders * Export Messages
* Edit Profile * Edit Options * Change Email * Change Password * Change Username * Change Signature * Change Avatar
* Group Memberships * Buddy/Ignore List * Manage Attachments * Saved Drafts (0) * Favorite Threads * Subscribed Threads * Forum Subscriptions * Personal Pad * MYPS History * * View Profile * User CP Home * User BB Codes