Admin
BB-Reader Review: "The Nazi Conspiracy"
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share:
BB-Reader Review: "The Nazi Conspiracy"
Reader Review: "The Nazi Conspiracy"

by Lloyde Newman: I totally enjoyed reading Brad Meltzer's latest book "The Nazi Conspiracy". There is much to the ending of World War II that is just now becoming known. The writing is fast paced and crisp, yet able to clearly draw a picture in the reader's eye what was going on and the pace of life on Oahu before the bombing of Pearl Harbor, and the Japanese chiseled plans to bring the United States to her knees.
The sections about the Concentration Camps was especially hard for me to read because Meltzer writes with such clarity what life was like during the gruesome period of darkness for the world. The descriptions of the people digging trenches then later being shot a few days later was just gut wrenching for me.
I had 3 family members who served honorably in World War II, a bridge engineer who saved his platoon be refusing to blow up a bridge that would have led to certain ambush, a young 20 year old uncle who made every single parachute jump in Europe, to have a jeep overturn and take his life once he returned to the states, and lastly my father because of his height signed up for the Air Corp (then a division of the Army) and put his life and heart on the line to serve his country. All heroes, each in their own different way.
I have greatly enjoyed Brad Meltzer's writing and have read 3 books completely, and started about 5. His take and foresight of history is stellar. He has earned his place in the genre of excellent history writers. Now on to his next book....(thank you Mr. Meltzer)

[To see links please register here]