Admin
BB-Reader Review: "The Favor"
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share:
BB-Reader Review: "The Favor"
Reader Review: "The Favor"

by PhyllisE (Mill Valley): Thanks to Sourcebooks Landmark Publishers & NetGalley for a digital advance reader's copy. All comments and opinions are my own.
This book checked some of my favorite boxes – fashion, friendship, and an ending with a surprise twist.
The novel begins with the definition of "Favor – An act of kindness beyond what is due or usual. Friendly regard shown toward another, especially by a superior."
Author Adelle Griffin incorporated the concept of "a favor" and then surprised me. The premise sounds predictable, with one girlfriend offering to carry a baby for her friend who can't conceive. So that's the favor, yet the friendship is a bit unusual, as is Evelyn, one half of the friendship who sweeps into Nora's life in an overwhelming and overbearing way.
When I read the book's description: "At I'll Have Seconds, a high-end fairytale vintage dress shop in Manhattan, Nora Hammond loves nothing better than pairing a rare find with the perfect client." There was no question I was going to read this book.
It's a story of the haves and the have-nots – wealth vs. debt, children (pregnancy vs. infertility), employment and more. It's a story of girlfriends, trust, and honesty. It's an unexpected yet heartwarming story of family and forgiveness.
I highly recommend this extremely readable novel!

[To see links please register here]