Admin
BB-Reader Review: "The Making of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece"
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share:
BB-Reader Review: "The Making of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece"
Reader Review: "The Making of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece"

by Gloria M (San Jose): It is crystal clear that Tom Hanks loves movies. He loves acting, he loves the process, and most importantly he loves all the people involved with movies. "The Making of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece" is a love letter to all the casts and crews, from the superstars to the extras and the directors to the gofers. It is also a gentle rebuke to those of us who say negative things about movies. Instead of panning and bad mouthing a movie, it is kinder to merely say something akin to "the film in question was not for me, but I certainly appreciate all the work that went into it."
Tom Hanks is a most excellent writer! I admit I was a bit skeptical as I opened the front cover and began to read, but this was based on my erroneous assumption that his first book, a collection of short stories sold only because of his fame (I have not read that one yet.) This is a well woven, intricate tale with fully fleshed out characters that you instantly become enraptured with. My personal favorites are Al Mac-Teer, Wren Lane and Ynez Gonzalez-Cruz, but I fully support you choosing your own dearest ones! With all of Hank's inside knowledge of the industry we are embedded in the backstage procedures and dramas and there are even actual comics!
Who will like this book? Everyone! The book actually feels heavier than usual hardcovers in my hands and the plot is equally dense and satisfying! I definitely will re-read it at some point and I look forward to Hanks' next novel!!

[To see links please register here]