Maul
The Chronicles of Narnia
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share:
The Chronicles of Narnia
I really enjoy this book series as it is partly about Christianity but it's also a fantasy book novel series. I've only read the following (And watched the films)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
Quote:The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, completed by the end of March 1949 and published by Geoffrey Bles in the United Kingdom on 16 October 1950, tells the story of four ordinary children: Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie, Londoners who were evacuated to the English countryside following the outbreak of World War II. They discover a wardrobe in Professor Digory Kirke's house that leads to the magical land of Narnia. The Pevensie children help Aslan, a talking lion, save Narnia from the evil White Witch, who has reigned for a century of perpetual winter with no Christmas. The children become kings and queens of this new-found land and establish the Golden Age of Narnia, leaving a legacy to be rediscovered in later books.

Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (1951)
Quote:Completed after Christmas 1949 and published on 15 October 1951, Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia tells the story of the Pevensie children's second trip to Narnia, a year (on Earth) after their first. They are drawn back by the power of Susan's horn, blown by Prince Caspian to summon help in his hour of need. Narnia as they knew it is no more, as 1,300 years have passed, their castle is in ruins, and all Narnians have retreated so far within themselves that only Aslan's magic can wake them. Caspian has fled into the woods to escape his uncle, Miraz, who has usurped the throne. The children set out once again to save Narnia.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
Quote:Written between January and February 1950[ and published on 15 September 1952, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader sees Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their priggish cousin, Eustace Scrubb, return to Narnia, three years after their last departure. Once there, they join Caspian's voyage on the ship Dawn Treader to find the seven lords who were banished when Miraz took over the throne. This perilous journey brings them face to face with many wonders and dangers as they sail toward Aslan's country at the edge of the world.

-------------------
I love the character of Aslan and the White Witch as they have an awesome battle with each other and shows a good example of good overpowering evil. But the whole "Son of Adam, Daughter of Eve" is also really cool.

It's an amazing book series for the time it was written. I would love to be able to continue to read the series at some point.
I actually bought the entire series after watching The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe (and I loved the cartoon as a child - still do).  I have only read half the books. Maybe someday I'll go back and read the rest.
--
Jude
(03-01-2023, 02:57 PM)Judel Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I actually bought the entire series after watching The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe (and I loved the cartoon as a child - still do).  I have only read half the books. Maybe someday I'll go back and read the rest.

They did a really cool BBC version of the Narnia films. It was incredibly horrible in terms of special effects and visual effects and everyone wore costumes but it was still awesome. And then those big blockbuster versions filmed in New Zealand were awesome.
I never saw the BBC versions, just the cartoon (and then of course the recent live action versions).  I still remember how much I cried watching them shave Aslan and then killing him.  OMG!
--
Jude