This area is only for PG stories. If you'd like to share more adult stories, do that in the Stories for Members forum. x

Bastty
Surviving Mars
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share:
Surviving Mars
In a not-too-distant future, the planet Mars had been colonized by humans, with thriving communities of both Earthlings and Martians living together. But a global nuclear war on Earth would soon have catastrophic consequences for Mars. This is the story of a young Martian couple caught in the middle of the devastation, as they struggle to survive and find hope in a world that has been irrevocably changed.
Chapter 1:
Nadim and Lila had been married for only a year when the nuclear war began on Earth. They had been watching the news reports with growing horror, as the conflict escalated and the threat of nuclear annihilation loomed ever closer. They had hoped that Mars would be safe, but as the days went by, it became clear that the fallout from the war was affecting their planet as well.
The first signs were subtle: strange weather patterns, unexplained power outages, and a general feeling of unease among the residents of their community. But then the radiation sickness began to spread, and panic set in. Nadim and Lila had to flee their home and venture out into the unknown, searching for shelter and safety.
They traveled for days, encountering other survivors along the way. Some were friendly and offered help, while others were hostile and dangerous. They saw firsthand the devastation wrought by the war: ruined cities, poisoned landscapes, and desperate people doing whatever it took to survive.
As they journeyed on, Nadim and Lila grew closer and more determined to make it through together. They clung to each other in the face of unimaginable horror, and found moments of joy and love amid the chaos. But they knew that their journey was far from over, and that the future of Mars was uncertain at best.
Chapter 2:
Nadim and Lila finally found refuge in an abandoned research station, deep in the Martian wilderness. The place had been abandoned for years, but it was still functional and had enough supplies to sustain them for a while. They made a home there, carving out a life together in the midst of the ruins of civilization.
But even as they settled into their new surroundings, they couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom. They knew that the fallout from the war would eventually catch up to them, and that they were not truly safe. They tried to prepare for the worst, but there was only so much they could do.
One day, a group of Earthlings stumbled upon their hiding place. They were soldiers, sent to Mars to survey the damage and look for survivors. Nadim and Lila were wary of them at first, but they soon realized that they shared a common goal: to rebuild and restore what had been lost.
Together, they began to work on a plan to create a new, sustainable community on Mars. It would not be easy, and it would not be quick, but they were determined to try. They knew that the road ahead would be long and difficult, but they had each other, and they had hope.
And so they set out, hand in hand, into a brave new world. A world that had been scarred and wounded, but one that still held the promise of a brighter tomorrow. A world where anything was possible, if only they had the courage and the will to make it so.

[To see links please register here]

This reads like a summary of a much longer story.  Is that what it is?  I was confused at first, but am I correct that Nadim and Lila were already on Mars when the nuclear war happened on Earth? I'm curious how that war affected Mars though.  

Thank you for sharing, and I hope you plan to expand on this story.
--
Jude
The story follows Nadim and Lila, a young Martian couple, who were already living on Mars when a global nuclear war broke out on Earth. They had to flee their home and embark on a perilous journey to find shelter and safety, encountering both friendly and hostile survivors along the way. Eventually, they found refuge in an abandoned research station and teamed up with a group of Earthlings to rebuild and create a new community on Mars. Through it all, they clung to each other and found hope in a world that had been irrevocably changed.

[To see links please register here]

Yes, I read the initital story. LOL I was curious how the fallout from Earth reached Mars.
--
Jude